Friday, October 31, 2008

Luxury in Tokyo

Well, Monday was fantastic...

I went to Akasaka, Tokyo to get my hair cut at a hair salon named Shape -
http://www.shape-salon.com/english/index.html - check it out!!!

It was seriously the MOST pampered haircut I have EVER had. I sat down and had a small consultation with Dan, yes his name is really Dan. Ha! About what I was interested in doing to my hair. He speaks English and the other stylists speak a little to zero ENGLISH. I told him the color I wanted and how I wanted it cut.

The next thing I know I am having not one but two people literally PAINTING my hair :) The brush was paint brush on one side and comb on the other :) It was so fun! I then waited for about 20 minutes for it to process. In the mean time, I was asked if I wanted something to drink. I simply asked, "oh, what do you have?" then several options were given to me. I chose Jasmine tea how fantastic, right?!

After the hair color was processed I was taken over to the sinks where they wash your hair. I was asked to sit down. They even gave me a blanket to cuddle with! They gave my head a scalp massage and then washed and conditioned my hair...it was amazing! I was then in for a treat once I got back to my chair.

They gave me a 10-15 minute scalp, neck, and shoulder massage with a menthol "lotion"...it was to die for!!! :) I then had my hair cut by this adorable woman named Reiko :) She spoke very little English and I spoke my very little Japanese and we had fun! She asked me if I had enough time and I said yes, take your time. She ended up cutting my hair for over an hour! It was amazing :) I then had two women drying my hair. She then cut layers into my hair after it was cut!

I give SHAPE salon a nice huge good rating ***** :) oh and to top it off I received 20% off because it was my first visit!!!

Anyway, had to share my little "first" visit to a hair salon in Japan, I will definitely go back!




Reiko and I in Shape Salon...I needed to mess my hair up just a bit when she was done...see above! :)

No comments: