Monday, July 13, 2009

Irises, Laughter, BBQ, & Beers

The final day of the Iris festival was a great day. Everything went smoothly. We had several breaks and laughed all day. We greeted the last of the visitors and ate ice cream sandwiches. We casually walked the dusty sidewalks and observed what was left of the dying iris. It was rainy and then sunny then rainy again. It was a day of joyfulness and of sadness. We had the crowing of the Iris princesses. They both recieved trips to Korea =D Pretty cool. After everything was said and done we rejoiced with a fantastic BBQ under the terrace. It was pouring rain but spirits were high. Beer and food didn't stop until 9. We had a blast enjoying this last day together.


I really did learn a lot from this experience. As much as I am indeed happy to have my weekends back to myself, I will miss seeing the girls. My Japanese level went up significantly, I made really great new friends, AND I can now tie my own Yukata! I think this experience really was life changing in a really great way! I am considering doing it again next year! I saved money, made money, and had a really fantastic time!



Here are some pictures for you from that last day =D Enjoy.






























No comments: