Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Catching up…

Spring brought two amazing trips with Josh. Every year in Japan there is a holiday called “Golden Week” . There are several holidays strung together and we are able to take a few days off of work and travel if we so wish!

Josh and I contacted a travel agency called No.1 Travel. I have used this company before as they are very good at finding great deals. We asked about what would be the most cost efficient trip for us and it lead us to the US commonwealth of Saipan.

Josh and I were sold on this right away. I had found a guide book in my apartment left from the girl before me. I was casually looking through it when I discovered that the Hyatt offered military discounts. YES! I called and asked how much a room would cost in this particular week in May. The military discount slashed the rooms price to less than half! So needless to say, Josh said cool and we were on our merry way!

Several weeks of anticipation, two duffel bags packed, and a bus ride to Narita later, we were on our way to a little America less than three hours away! We arrived very late at night and enjoyed a very late night snack from a place called D.J.s Deli , a 24h snack shop located in our hotel lobby. We took our snacks out on the beach to enjoy the sound of the ocean…

We saw many little black lumpy things on the ground. Then one moved!! We soon realized that FROGS surrounded us! Ha ha ha! Throughout our trip it became a game of how many frogs we would see on our way from the beach back to the hotel lobby!

Our 6 days spent in the American/Japanese paradise were days that I will never forget. We enjoyed eating local foods and fruits! I loved trying coconut out of a coconut for the first time! We loved laying on the beach and swimming in the cool waters of the south Pacific. We went to Managaha island and enjoyed seeing the WWII wreckage. We rented a car for a day to discover the island. We went hiking and even rode jet skis! The trip of course wasn’t complete without going to Hard Rock café and enjoying a Cinco de Mayo fiesta! We also discovered a “new” beer to us – The very delicious San Miguel from the Philippines! A few nights were spent throwing darts, playing pool, and even doing a litttttlllleeee gambling!

The sunsets were gorgeous, the people very friendly, the sites wonderful, the company phenomenal, and I can honestly say this was one of the best vacations I have ever taken! =)

I <3>

No comments: