Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a FANTASTIC weekend!!

Japan is as always treating me well! I am continuing to love it here! Well, I went to visit Annelyse in Koga last Friday. Koga is in southwest Ibaraki. It made more sense to travel to Tokyo then go up to Koga then to travel straight there. We had great food and a wonderful, wonderful time! I spent Saturday in Tokyo playing around and walking around Ueno and Asakusa! Sunday was spent also walking through a market place, eating delicious Vietnamese food, naps, okinomiaki (Japanese pancake), and KARAOKE! I actually did not know before coming to Japan HOW into Karaoke they were. Holy cow! They all are! The group consisted of Annelyse, Lionel, and I. Annelyse had a friend Maduko who joined us for a little part of the adventure. Lionel is a Frenchie who now lives in Canada. He had some time to take off and decided four days before he left, to come to Japan! I had met him the night Kalani and I had hung out. The three of us hung out all weekend! We had an absolute blast!!!


Annelyse and I in Koga!
Tiramisu!!

Monkeys at Asakusa Temple!


Karaoke for 3 hours! It did not even seem like it! WE HAD SO MUCH FREAKIN' fun! I think it actually should be illegal how much fun we had! We belted it out until 2 am! IT was great :)

Well I have been back in school since Tuesday. Classes have been going well. As always, I really enjoy the first and third graders. I am trying to be patient with the second graders. They are in a strange part of their life right now. It is an awkward transition between grades for them.

Fingers crossed, Annelyse is coming to help me start my birthday celebration this weekend ;) Hopefully she can make it out! YAY!

Miss you guys! Hugs and Kisses always! xoxox

No comments: