Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in London with the Parkers 2009

Well, as always it has been months since I've updated my blog so I am going to try to capture a bit of what has been going on since December! YIKES!

Christmas was lovely and a majority of it was spent in the little area of Chelsea where my sister, Kathryn, lives. She is a graduated student at Christie's. The entire Parker family flew from both ends of the globe and met in London! I flew from Tokyo while mom and dad flew from Nashville! One flight and many hours later I found myself in the London Heathrow airport! I was greeted by my family with big smiles and hugs!

We spent the chilly days walking the streets of London enjoying market places, fantastic pubs, drinking wine and beer along with coffee and tea and a mulled wine too, and the special less well know areas of London like Notting Hill and Primrose Hill! We laughed and watched movies and even enjoyed the snow three times!

Christmas was spent in Kathryn's apartment snuggling by our lovely pointsetta "tree". We placed all of the presents under our beautiful tree and enjoyed a delicious meal provided by Whole Foods. We ate turkey, stuffing, dressing, cranberry sauce, green beans, sweet potatoes, and delicious bread! We listened to Christmas music and enjoy staying curled up in our pajamas :)

I spent a total of almost three weeks in London. I enjoyed meeting Kathryn's friends, nights out dancing, nights in snuggling with sissy and watching movies, eating out, drinking Starbucks, going to small pubs, riding in taxis, walking around, going to Kensington High Street, eating at Whole Foods (Lord, I miss that STORE!) and really just enjoying the life of a "Londoner" not a "tourist".


To check out all the photos click on the links below!:

No comments: