Friday, February 13, 2009

~*Old bath tub OUT, New bath tub IN!!*~

So, as many of you know, I HAD a terrible shower and front door situation. I had a bath tub that seriously looked like it was from the olden days. I had to turn on the gas, lite the pilot, crank a bunch of knobs and wa-la water. Once the water was on it was hardly a trickle and not really even hot. Also, the tub itself was extremely high and in the shape of a square. Well, my front door was also experiencing problems. Finally, after begging since SEPTEMBER, I got a new front door to my apartment. It was a simple exchange from the apartment next to mine. The apartment next door is vacant. As my supervisor and I were waiting for the guys to fix my door, I was asking him a few questions. I was making the observation that every apartment had this white box on the outside of their apartments...except for me. Well, we peek our heads in the apartment and low and behold there is a brand new, western style bath tub!!! The white box is the heater for the hot water! My boss asked me if I wanted to get a new tub. I of course said yes! I didn't care how long it took! So we made the calls and the arrangements and 2 weeks later this is what I have =D These pictures were taken the morning of the new bathroom construction!!!!
I am so grateful for my new bathroom!!!!
Good-bye crappy bath - ugh how much I hated this thing!

EWWWWWWWWW - that is so disgusting. The black knob on the wall is the gas line. The crank on the front lights the pilot as I hold down one of the other knobs on top of this insane contraption. NO MORE!!!

GROSS!!!!!

And now: a big, beautiful bathtub! My mom and sister were so concerned that I was cold that they sent me a new, awesome shower curtain and bright pink and green towels!! Pictures to come =D

I bought a new little rack, a new curtain for my window, and new bath salts. My bathroom is seriously like a brand new room! Its amazing :) I am feeling more and more like home here in Japan. I am going to be really sad once I leave this place - fortunately, that won't be for a while!My apartment is amazing considering this is my first home away from home on my own! =D

1 comment:

kitty said...

awww your bath looks so cute. does the water still drain underneath it though? EEEWWWWW THAT WAS GROSSSSSSSSSSSSS. hahaha word verification is worse. hahaha