Sunday, August 17, 2008

DAY 3 of my adventure!! MITO Capitol of Ibaraki!

Well after a mere 4 hours of sleep due to check out being at 10 AM! WHAT?! I got some tea and waited for John to meet me at my hotel to help me get going where I needed to go to find my train to Mito, my prefectures capitol. I purchased a tickets for what I thought was the bullet train, guess it was just a super fast express train. Needless to say, I was in Mito in one hour.

The newbies in my prefecture all met at a Starbucks near the train station and we split into groups of three and were off on a three hour scavenger hunt! It was great fun and a good way to discover Mito. We returned after three hours and then went on to dinner at a pub in the city. We had delicious food and great company! I was able to hang out with Annelyse, a friend I made at orientation in Tokyo. We are becoming great friends and are planning a few visits :) It was then on to Karaoke for two hours and ending the evening with new friends at Crystal's apartment in Mito. I packed enough from Thursday to be able to spend the night out three nights. Crystal, also a new JET from Trinidad Tobago, was so sweet to host us. She walked us to the bus station this morning so we could make various trains back to our cities :) an hour and 40 minutes later, I found myself home sweet home...

I'm exhausted :) relaxing and movie time. PS. I definitely took a three hour nap this afternoon! So much fun...I suppose I will sleep when I'm dead!!

Posting more adventures soon! Miss you all!


One of the biggest beers I have EVER seen! It was delicious! :)

My new best bud here in Ibaraki!!! Annelyse! Definitely more adventures to come with her!!

David as his alter ego, Michelle :) At Karaoke!


Left to right: Zac, Adam, John, Mikhel, and Andrew. Canada, UK, and Porto Rico represent! Great time singing our little hearts out!!!

No comments: