Friday, November 27, 2009

Aunt Cyd & Uncle D Show Up in Itako! What are the chances?!

It all started a year and four almost five months ago when I decided to leave on this adventure to Japan...

Aunt Cydney and Uncle David (my cool California aunt and uncle...my mom's brother and his wife) had been making threats for a very loooong time to come visit :) I kept encouraging these threats until one day it became true.

My aunt and uncle had retired from their many years of teaching in California. They decided to take an around the world tour for a little over a month...they started in London with my sister and worked their way around the world to facinating places like Finland, Turkey, Jordan, UAE, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and wound up in little WEEEEE ole ITAKO!

They told me they were sorry for seeing Kathryn first as she had only been gone from America for merely a MONTH! Uncle David's reasoning is that they have always liked her more because she is well, taller. :) His compensation on their disappointment on my end is rent at a very discounted rate at their condo that they own for the next 5 years. I think I may take up the offer! :)

I had a meeting the day they arrived in Japan. I had them take the bus from Narita to Itako. When I got home from my meeting they were at Itako Hotel and I picked them up and brought them back to my apartment. We hung out a bit while we waited for Hitomi to come pick us up! We wasted no time getting the party started! It was my JTE's 26th birthday! We were invited to her birthday party! Needless to say much food and many beers later we were all very happy and really enjoyed our time together.

The next few days consisted of showing them my town and taking them to all the neat little ins and outs of my area. We enjoyed a home cooked meal, sitting on the floor, enjoying chocolate croissants, the water front, drinking, eating, laughing, and just enjoying being with each other. I had a blast taking picture club pictures with them and really enjoying this time with them.

The older I get the more and more I am appreciating my family. I am learning the quirks and that not everyone is perfect. I have found out more information about my family and am just simply growing to love my family more and more. It is fun getting older because your understanding of life and your perspetion is always changing. It is really a joy :)

I really hope they come back for another visit! I need to upload some more photos but they are on another memory card. I am writing this blog actually from London so when I return to Japan I will upload more photos. I will leave you with one photo from the subway in Tokyo!

I love my family =D

No comments: