Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lauren in JaPaN!

Prior to Kathryn coming to Japan...More stories to come!!!
The my personal favorite :) Annelyse! She was a great helper for my party along with Erin. Without them, my party would not have been as good! We had tons of food, music, wine, and lots of chatting. It was a nice turn out and great company!
Sherley, Aki, & I decided to pile on top of John! Hee hee! :)

Aki is John's English teacher here in Itako. We have become really good friends. She is fantastic! Her English is really good and we go to dinner and hang out all the time. I love Miss Aki :)
These are my party guests (minus John, he was taking the picture) Starting left and going clockwise is: Aki (japan), Annelyse(usa), me(?), Emily(usa), Kriss(britian)
, Hong Ee(singapore), Liyan(singapore), Erin(usa), & Sherley(usa)

On December 13, 2008 I held a Holiday Party at my apartment in Itako. These are two friends of mine here in Japan also doing the JET programme. This is Annelyse and Emily! They are fantastic :) Annelyse is from West Virginina and Emily is from California. :)
This is the main temple in Asakusa, Tokyo. I went to this area to shop in the market place for Christmas presents and also to eat at my favorite Thai/Vietnamese restaurant. It is a quaint area and is quite old. It has many of the original and traditional Japanese store fronts.
This is one of the main roads through Ginza on a Sunday afternoon. They close the main street down at various points during the week so that commoners, such as myself, can enjoy Ginza without all of the cars :)
I love conveyor belt sushi! genki (happy) sushi is my favorite of all the sushi chains. :)
This is me at my teachers house at the beginning of December. This is my first Ikebana attempt. Ikebana as I think you can see is the attempt at Japanese flower arranging. I wanted to be able to take part in some culture activities while living in Japan. I love art and flowers so why not combine the two?

No comments: