Thursday, January 29, 2009

In and around Itako/Kashima =D

After all the Tokyo adventures, it was time to relax just a bit! So Kathryn, John, a new friend Danny, and I went to see "Body of Lies". The new flick with Leonardo DiCaprio and Russel Crow. It was great to go see a movie; however, it is almost $20 to see a movie in Japan. It is ridiculous! Hence why I have now only seen 3 movies in 6 months of living here. Its way too expensive!! We had enjoyed ramen for lunch and then decided to go see this movie! We then came home and watched "A Good Year" and I did not fall asleep this time!! It was a great movie! We curled under my Kotatsu and watched the movie! The next day, we ate lunch with John and then went to Kashima Jingu to enjoy the New Year festivities. We enjoyed yaki soba and choco bananas :) We walked around in the cold and returned home to get ready for an all nighter in Tokyo! Ha ha. I thought we would be done with Tokyo for a bit but WRONG! This picture below is Kathryn and I standing in the great masses in front of the main temple gate!Kathryn and John by the famous deer park in Kashima Jingu =D
Kathryn and I standing at the back shrine. Last weekend, I went to see friends preform a traditional Japanese cleansing of the body ceremony. They literally are down to pretty much nothing and pray in the water behind Kathryn and I. I will post pictures soon of that. I went to support my friend Nobuko and her mother :) Sorry its a blurry picture!
Awwww, our one and only "famous" jumping pictures!!! Yay, how fun?!
After the shrine, it was home to get ready for a night out in Shibuya, Tokyo!! WOMB and Red Bar, here we come!!
If you have seen "Lost in Translation" this is the famous Shibuya crossing. When the light turns green for pedestrians, it is PACKED! Can you see all the little people?!
Kathryn and I with the 2 johns :) This picture was taken at WOMB! Hilarious name for a club, eh? We had a fun time making fun of the club scene of Tokyo! We were there for a little while but then it was off to discover Red Bar!! Red Bar is a little hole in the wall, super chic, artsy lounge.


ITAKO BUDS!! =D
John and I looking WAY too cool for this place! Its because we are WAY too cool for this club =D
John and Kathryn =D
YAY! We left WOMB and were back outside in the freezing cold of Tokyo! So below is the ever so cool Red Bar. Kathryn and I ended up not leaving this bar until about 6:30 AM - haha. It was then back to Itako for a day of rest! We met some really cool people =D I enjoyed making attempts at using my Japanese :) It was very difficult but I did as best as I could!







After this fantastic night, we went home to sleep all the next day and watch movies. On Monday, we had a really fun experience of dressing in Kimonos. Pictures to come! The principal from one of the elementary schools I go to devised a plan :) He is friends with one of the teachers at Itako 2nd. That teacher's wife is a Kimono dressing instructor. We spent the afternoon playing dress up! It was incredible to have such an experience :) The week continued with seeing a Kabuki at the famous Kabuki-za theater, another all nighter in Tokyo, movies, school, and Kathryn leaving :( More pictures and adventures to come!!


1 comment:

kitty said...

sissy what john and I's sexy model pose isn't as good as yours? i think we need a fair representation at womb.